free counters

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Welcome

I would like to welcome you to this blog of mine. I took the initiative to do this because I have searched and found little information on the web about things Caribbean. What I will try to do in this blog is cover all the topics that affect all of us but giving it a Caribbean slant. I will cover issues some light hearted like Daily life, Food, Culture, Music, to more serious issues like Kidnap, Childrearing, Teenage pregnancy, Politics and the Environment.

I would encourage Trinidadians and other West Indians livings in other countries to pop in as I would eventually put focus on interesting things about a specially featured Caribbean island, so look out for your country!.

It is time for us to acknowledge the greatness, the beauty and the complexity of the Caribbean. Sun, sea and sand in symbiosis with real everyday issues. Look out for the upcoming insight on Trinidad & Tobago in terms of the ongoing Summit of the Americas that we are hosting and a specially featured favourite Trinidadian fruit. Those of you who have not been to the Caribbean, I would like to encourage you to still visit and seek us out. We have our problems, but then again, I cannot think of a country that does not.



Crystal Katerson

No comments:

Post a Comment